Are you a maker, creative, artist, indie business owner, food & drinks producer?
If you'd love to be involved in our collective at Flourish, well look no further, register your interest and join our waiting list!
On this page you'll find everything you need to know on how to apply to be part of our Collective at Flourish in Dumfries Town centre. We ask interested businesses and social enterprises to complete an online application form to register their interest and be added to our waiting list. Our application process allows each event or project we produce to be curated, with a mixture of disciplines and a variety of different makers and producers taking part. This also lets us maintain a high level of quality that visitors to our events have now grown to expect when they come along. This process also allows us to limit where possible any duplication of existing businesses in the town, our aim is to provide additionality to Dumfries town centre, not to detract from it. We'll be in touch if spaces within the shop become available.
Why should you apply?
• We want to support you where we can and we want to help you sell your work and spread the word about your business.
• We will provide a platform and opportunities to get your products in front of new customers in a prime site location for minimal investment.
• We will promote your business at every opportunity on social media accounts.
• You will be featured in our online directory that connects your business directly with our growing audience of loyal supporters.
• You will have an opportunity to be featured in our meet the maker blog series and instagram take overs.
• We will charge an affordable rental fee of £115 per month for a minimum of THREE MONTHS Rental Period, £150 FOR ONE MONTH Rental Period (between Jan & August) and £175 FOR ONE MONTH Rental Period (between September & December).
• All sales made are yours, minus a small 10% commission | service charge.
• We will sell your products for you, so you are able to concentrate on making and producing.
• We will help you to nurture and grow your business and will introduce you to a network of other like-minded makers in our private facebook group, at our in person events, gatherings, workshops, business development training and talks.
• You will have access to dedicated workshop and events space and benefit from a discounted rate as a member of the collective.
• You will have the opportunity to share your skills and expertise, inspiring creativity and entrepreneurship.
• You will be part of community making positive social change and playing a part in the regeneration of Dumfries.
How does it work?
You pay a rental fee to be involved if your application is successful. You'll then either drop off or post your stock to us. We will then promote and sell your work, unlike a market stall you don't need to be there at our shop at Flourish. You can of course decide to volunteer some time to during the project, which we'd love you to do. We will tally up the sales figures at the end of each month of your rental period and you'll recieve all income from the sales, less a 10% commission fee.
Would you love to get involved in our new exciting project Flourish? Want to collaborate, interested in leading a workshop, want to hire a space or office or have another wonderful idea, we'd love to hear about it!
Firstly, please read over our Application Process below, then our APPLICATION CRITERIA and TERMS & CONDITIONS in full before applying. This page contains vital information and we hope will answer most of your questions. You'll find the applications form listed below, it can be accessed by the clicking 'APPLY NOW'.
If you're filling out one of our application forms for the first time, you'll be required to share some business details and links to your social media accounts. All applicants must go through our application process by filling out our simple online application form and provide us with images that will be used in marketing the each event. We'd suggest preparing these details before you start the application process.
Once you complete your application, you will receive a confirmation message "Thank you for taking the time to make an application we will be in touch shortly." which will be displayed on your screen once you submit an application online. You can also request to have a copy of your application emailed to you, you'll be sent a completed form and have the opportunity to make edits.
Once you've submitted an application, it's then a patient wait for an email response from us when space becomes available. All applicants will be contacted to inform you whether you were successful or not and we'd love you to join our collective. If your application is successful, we'll provide you with further details re. payment. The rental fee will need to be paid by a specified date to confirm your place.
All our succeful applicants must provide valid certification of Public Liability Insurance and Product Liability Insurance where necessary. Food producers must also provide the appropriate Health and Safety/Food Hygiene certificates to be permitted to be take part. All applicants will be contacted after the deadline to inform you whether you were successful or not.
As part of the organisation of this project, The Guild will undertake publicity and media coverage that targets Dumfries and the surrounding region effectively. Media exposure will create interest and boost footfall to our shop within our community space and also drive traffic to the online directory listing details of our collective. We will promote the project on our social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We will be showcasing the work and the stories of our community of makers & producers on our website, social media and we will also send out information to our mailing list.
We want to nurture and support our maker community. If applicants are selected to be part of the collective at Flourish, they are then given access to an online group specifically for this project. This online space becomes a place where our creative community can network, and it also becomes a skill-sharing hub and somewhere where each of the makers can build relationships with other businesses and share experiences. It’s a central place to communicate with our community of makers and producers and help answer any questions they may have. As restrictions are lifted we will also host regular in person events including gatherings, training and support for our collective.
We encourage and assist our makers and producers to get the most out of taking part in this project and promoting their involvement. Its especially important that as part of the collective we all work together and help attract as many customers to come along and visit us at our shop at Flourish . We will promote to a wider audience to encourage them to find out more about each member of of our collective, supporting all the businesses taking part both online and offline. We will send successful applicants a series of emails in the run up to opening and also possibly deliver a zoom or in person meeting. We will provide each member of the collective with a media kit with logos and graphics that can be used in the promotion of the project. We wish to encourage shared partnerships to deliver a cohesive and consistent approach to marketing our shop.
As part of being involved in the collective at Flourish we will create a dedicated area on our website to showcase our community of makers, creatives, food and drinks producers taking part. If makers have chosen to also be part of the online marketplace when its launched, this will provide information all in one place to visitors and click throughs to where they can find out more about each business taking part and have the opportunity to purchase products to be dielivered or collected in person during a pre booked collection slot. Every listing will include a headshot, an image, a short description, up to 15 products listed and links to social media to increase their exposure.
During the opening times of the shop we aim to create a visual presence around the location to attract passing trade both outside the shop and around the high street. We will also be filming and posting both videos and images on social media throughout the set up and when the shop is open to give followers a behind the scenes experience of our project and to get to know the people behind the businesses we will stock.
Got a question about being part of our collective before you apply? Do you need some help and support completing your application form? Please get in touch and we will try our best to answer your query.
BEFORE YOU START
- Please ensure you've read our APPLICATION CRITERIA and TERMS & CONDITIONS before you complete your application form.
- Our online application forms require you to have an account with google so that you can upload files and also request to have a copy of your completed form emailed to you. You will need to be signed in to access the forms and click the 'APPLY NOW' link below.
- You will need to include atleast 5 images, ideally square, of your products or work for your application.
- Your application can be sent to you and re-edited after you submit, we recommend you do this, you'll find it at the bottom of the form. You can then re-submit, just incase you don't have all the neccesary information required when you fill out the form at first.
FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTEREST AND BE ADDED TO OUR WAITING LIST.
WE WILL CONTACT SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WHEN SPACE BECOMES AVAILABLE.
The Guild Dumfries will curate this project and will review each and every application thoughtfully.
By making an application to be involved at the Retail Collective at Flourish, you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions. Space is limited at this project so if your application is unsuccessful this time, please don't be disheartened or take it personally. We want to provide visitors and customers with a mix of sellers and disciplines and an alternative shopping experience.
Want to hear more exciting news about Flourish, details of events and projects, opportunities, forthcoming creative business workshops, then sign up to our mailing list to be first to hear the updates!