Read over our Application Process for the Pop Up Shop & Criteria below.
If you'd love to make an application then APPLY NOW, you'll need to complete our short online Application Form. Don't forget to read all the finer details and information about the POP UP SHOP and the TERMS & CONDITIONS.
Its then a patient wait for an email response from us after the deadline date, which is stated on the application form. If your application is successful, we'll provide you with further details re. payment, documentation etc.
At our Pop Up Shop in Dumfries we ask interested makers and businesses to complete an online application form by a deadline date. A selection process then takes place after this date by a chosen Curatorial Team. Our application process allows each event we produce to be curated, with a mixture of disciplines and a variety of different makers taking part. This lets us maintain a high level of quality that visitors to our events have grown to expect when they come along. This process also allows us to limit where possible any duplication of existing businesses in the town, our aim is to provide additionality to Dumfries town centre, not to detract from it.
All our succeful applicants must provide valid certification of Public Liability Insurance and Product Liability Insurance where necessary. Food producers must also provide the appropriate Health and Safety/Food Hygiene certificates to be permitted to be take part . All makers must go through our application process by filling out our simple online application form and provide us with images that will be used in marketing the event. All applicants will be contacted after the deadline to inform you whether you were successful or not. Successful applicants will be notified and then be charged a rental fee to confirm their space.
Got a question about the Pop Up Shop application process before you apply?
Please get in touch and we will try our best to answer your query.
Our selection is based on our criteria below:
• All work should be original, cohesive and consistent, of the absolute highest quality, finished to the highest standards. You must show a high level of professionalism in your work and an obvious passion for your creative practice and a commitment to your business.
• You must hand make or small batch produce your work, designs must be your own and the majority of elements made by or designed by yourself. We will not accept applications from people who assemble pre-existing products, mass-produced items, or work that has not been designed / produced by the person making the application.
• Your online presence, products and brand should be considered, well designed and aesthetically appealing. Presentation should be considered and you should display your products/services to their fullest potential.
• Creative and original designs and products designed and/or handmade by you, and not sourced in an unethical way. If the product is not handmade it must be made ethically and sustainably. If it is made elsewhere we prioritise products that are fair-trade, made in support of local communities, sweatshops free, cruelty free and created with an environmental conscience.
• Items sold should have a wide range of prices to appeal to a variety of shoppers; our events are promoted as affordable and accessible to all pockets.
• You must be able to provide a minimum of 5 high quality and clear images of your work.
• Ensure food provided meets European Union legal standards for food hygiene and food standards and strive for excellence by implementing standards such as the Eat Safe Award.
• As part of the Green Arts Initiative, The Guild aims to promote zero waste and to reducing environmental impact. Therefore, we encourage all our makers to consider their carbon footprint, the recycling of food waste and the use environmentally friendly packaging.
Do you love the sound of our plans for our very first Pop Up Shop and want to get involved?
If you'd prefer to take part in one of our Makers Markets then we really are thrilled to announce that we've been invited to work in partnership with Nithraid this year, it is created and produced by The Stove Network.
We are excited about making plans and working behind the scenes so we can bring a Makers Market to this fun, family festival that takes place on and around the river. We hope that you'll save the date and come down to the River Nith in Dumfries on Saturday 31st August.
Want to take part? We will be announcing lots more details in the coming months and how you can get involved and apply to our next Makers Market. Be sure to sign up to our mailing list to hear the news.